Thursday, July 12, 2012

Katie's Summer Favorites

Happy Thursday lovebugs.
I've got a special treat for y'all today.
Katie is over here sharing a few of her summer faves.
This girl is one of my favorite bloggers because she always has a new
diy project, recipe, or fun decorating tips to share. Not to mention all of the amazing pics
of the beach she lives on. Can we say jealous?!
----------------------------------

Hey y'all! I'm Katie and you can find me over at Miss Dixie where I share tidbits of my life with my hubby and two pups, inspiration for fashion and interiors, cooking adventures, and everything else in between. We live in the South and at the beach=perfection for me! I was so excited when Sarah came up with this post idea to share some summer faves with you all...here we go!

Favorite Summer Meal: Caprese Salad

If this is on the menu, I order it. Hands down my favorite salad! When we were on our honeymoon, our resort served the best version of this- a huge stack of tomatoes and mozzarella. I would just eat that for lunch and be so satisfied! Now, when I have this tasty meal I can't help but think of our honeymoon.


Favorite Summer Beauty Product: Humidity Resistant Anything

My hair is hopeless in the summer with out some serious products that offer control and anti-humidity. Two favorite products of mine are Alterna Hemp Straightening Balm and Sebastian Shaper Plus. Last week I played around with a tutorial on pinterest to get easy beach waves. I can't find the tutorial again, but here is my finished look!


Easy Beach Waves
Step 1: Use a curl defining cream {I used a whole lot of this by Garnier}
Step 2: Diffuse with your hairdryer until dry
Step 3: Wrap small sections around the outside of your curling iron to create more defined curls, doing as much or as little as your hair needs to create loose, yet defined waves
Step 4: Comb out the roots slightly creating volume, and spray!

My hair is on the shorter side, so if yours is longer it will look better! :)


Favorite Summer Drink

 Call me a wino, but one of my favorite things to do is split an ice cold bottle of Chardonnay and spend late Sunday afternoons chatting and relaxing on the beach. My Mom and I love to do this together. Try it friends {even if it's just in your backyard}, you won't regret it!



Favorite Getaway


Since I live at the beach, I can't use the beach as my destination getaway for the summer time. So...when I'm not doing this...

via

I head inland when I need a break! I love going to my hometown {Raleigh, NC} and I try to get to the mountains each summer as well. I get my shopping fix in Raleigh and my relaxation in Asheville!

What are some of your summer faves? I would love to hear your take on these..come see me at Miss Dixie sometime soon! Thanks for having me Sarah, you sweet thing, you! xoxo.

Don't you just love her?!
Now go show her and her blog some love :)

xoxo.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Thanks so much for having me lovey! Hope you have a wonderful day lady! Xoxo

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST:)
Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my new post:)

Have a great week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)

Janna Renee said...

Boy, I am QUITE jealous. Haha. Plus she is super cute!!