today I wanna share one of my fave new recipes with y'all.
My mom found this recipe back near the beginning of the year
and it's been a hit with our family since then.
You guys know who Giada is, right?
how could you not?
gorgeous Italian chic who makes amazing food?!
I've never met a guy who doesn't know who she is....
or that didin't want to marry her. ha
Anyway, she came up with this recipe and it's so so so good and I
just knew I had to share it with you all :)
- Two 17oz packages of potato gnocchi
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth *
- 1/4 cup flour *
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12oz baby spinach
- 3oz goat cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place uncooked gnocchi in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cream, chicken broth, and flour over
medium heat. Continue whisking until the cream is simmering and thickened,
about 5 minutes.
4. Add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg and stir to combine.
5. Add the spinach and toss to coat in the cream.
6. Pour the cream and spinach mixture over the gnocchi and
spread the spinach out to cover evenly.
7. Crumble goat cheese over spinach then sprinkle with parmesan.
8. Bake until top is golden in places, about 30 minutes.
If you wanna make the recipe a little healthier, see substitutions below.
*substitute regular chicken broth for low sodium chicken broth
*substitute white flour for whole wheat flour
I hope you enjoy!!