Tuesday, August 16, 2011

my little work in progress


To say I love food is an understatement.
Calling me a foodie would be more appropriate. 

I've been working on this little guy for about a year now.
It's my recipe book. Now before you get all jealous thinking that I'm Susie Homemaker slaving away in my kitchen coming up with homemade recipes, let me say that I am most definitely not that patient; nor do I have that much time. 
This book is a collection of recipes that I've found online, in magazines, and that have been given to me by my mom from her kitchen :)



now that's a lot of recipes

I really love the idea of cooking, and when I actually do it and try something new I love it. But cooking for one isn't all that fun. There's no one to give you feedback or to enjoy it with you. Plus, I hate leftovers so I really haven't been using these that much. I decided the other night that I'm going to start using this book more. I wanna start trying new foods and learning how to cook different things. It's girls night tonight and since we usually do mexican, we decided to stick with the theme and try making these guys. Yum!


I also promised yesterday that I would get back to you on the different wines that I tried over the weekend. They were all so delicious...I definitely recommend them all.
My favorite was probably the Riesling. I picked it up from
this little hole in the wall.

(from left to right: SeaGlass Sauvignon Blanc, Junebug Moscato-courtesy of Target, and DR Loosen 'Dr L' Riesling)


Does anyone have any recommendations for a red wine for a non-red wine drinker?
I'm kind of picky and I don't want anything too strong.
Thoughts? Much appreciated! :)

Have a great day!!

No comments: