Tuesday, August 2, 2011

finding good in the bad


I'm going through a pretty difficult time right now with something personal and it's enough to affect my daily activities. We've all been hurt or betrayed at one point or another and it makes it worse when it's by someone you thought you meant a lot to. So while I'm struggling to get through this, I can only try to find some good in the bad. I've got amazing friends and family supporting me and I really have no idea what I would do without them.

Something to know about me is that I'm a fixer. I believe that almost anything can be fixed if people are willing. I don't know if this is coming with maturity or age but I have very recently come to realize that not everything is worth fixing. Sometimes there is just too much hurt to move forward. This being said, today I decided I was not going to sulk in my problems anymore. I'm going to start looking to the future and the great things I have to look forward to. There's a lot going on these next 2 months and I can hardly wait!

Football starts in less than two weeks, trips to DC to visit friends, girls weekend at the lake, seeing a Colts game in Indy ON my 25th birthday and actually getting to meet some players, and a girls trip to Charleston. Not to mention the random things that life throws at you. Lately, I find myself walking around with a smile on my face despite everything that's been going on. I can only believe the reason behind that is because I know there is something more out there. I have so much support and love around me and so many good things coming my way that I can't help but try to see the good.

I've always said that everything happens for a reason and I truly do believe that. Life is full of learning experiences and I'd rather look at situations that way rather than fill my life with regrets and what if's. I'm really trying to look ahead and be happy, because who wants to walk around sulking all the time? Life is too short to waste time on people and issues that bring you down. Instead, surround yourself with people that build you up and make you feel good. It's time to start being happy. So I'm setting all my fears and hurt free....and I'm going to start living for me; and that is such a good feeling. :)

No comments: