Thursday, July 28, 2011

routine shmoutine


Who doesn't like a good routine? (Well, I'm sure there are some of you out there that don't but I'm not one of you.) You all know that I've been slacking off the past few weeks in posting on here and I'm trying to get better about it. Ever since I got back from my New York I've been overwhelmed with everything. My apartment was a mess (not so much dirty but cluttered), Toby had fleas, we started his training classes, my car, work....all of it was stressing me out. I finally decided to take last weekend and get everything done that was weighing on my shoulders. I got to deep clean my apartment (which I had partially done when I found out about the fleas), purged things I didn't need, washed everything, and put freon in my car BY MYSELF! (If you couldn't tell, I'm very proud of that.) I bought some gerber daisies for my apartment, which instantly brighten my mood. Ah, the little things :)

I feel like now that all of that is done, I can have a clear head to be focused and put energy towards things that I want to do. I have several ideas about some fun, new things that are hopefully coming my way. I've been going to the gym everyday after work and eating healthy for almost two weeks now and it feels great! (I have to walk around like an old lady half the time because my back and legs are killing me, but other than that it feels so good to be back in the gym.) Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with that, considering my 25th is right around the corner. Eeeek!

I'm curious on how some of you balance out the stressful things in your own lives. For me, cleaning is a stress reliever. If I feel that I can't handle a situation, 99% of the time I will clean because that is something that I do have control over. What are some things that you do to remove some of the stressors in your life?


looking at this little guy 
can definitely make you forget about 
something stressful for a while! so cute!! 

No comments: