Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lessons from the Backstreet Boys

Backstreet's back, alright!
I know you're all chompin' at the bit to figure out what lesson you could possibly take away today. And I hope Katie doesn't mind that I sort of gave away the topic but I was so excited when I read it!! 
Anyway, if you haven't yet you need to go check out her blog. We became fast friends after we discovered our shared love for baseball. Love her!! Anyway, Katie did something pretty awesome last weekend so read on to hear about it :)
**********************************************************************************
Hi ladies! Katie here, I blog over at His Diamond and Mine! I am so excited to be blogging for Miss Sarah today; she has quickly become one of my best blog friends! I apologize in advance if I sound a little delirious, I just finished dancing in a 46-hour NO SITTING, NO SLEEPING dance marathon that raised over 10.6 million dollars for pediatric cancer! I mean how awesome is my school? Anyway, enough about mushy blog love and my adventures in la la land…let’s get started with my post!


{that is me in the middle, yep! i have on a FANNY PACK. and yes, it is cool to wear them at THON}

I thought long and hard about what I wanted to blog about, and finally decided on a “theme” sort-of-speak: “quit playin’ games with my heart.” You know, like the Backstreet Boys song? Call me cheesy (or delirious, can’t say I didn’t warn ya!), but seriously one too many of my friends have been overanalyzing their relationships and specifically playing games with the guy they are interested in.


So here is my take on playing games in relationships…to give me SOME credibility I did just get engaged, so I like to think I have a few things figured out with relationships. I am by no means perfect or an expert, but in the many years I have been with my fiancĂ© I have learned some invaluable lessons! And I won’t lie, I did play a game or two back in the day…but I have slowly learned that playing games can be a downward spiral that you don’t want to visit!
  1. Texting/phone calls/Facebook: For some reason, us girls seem to think we need to wait (and I am not talking about 5 minutes, I am talking about 5 hours) to respond to any form of communication from a man. I am all about leaving people hanging, but come on…is it really necessary to make them worry? I have found that responding to people as you normally would works best. You don’t want him to get so discouraged he finds another lady friend, do you? Just be you…I think this is going to be a common theme throughout my post. Ya hear me?
  2. Actin’ a hoe: Just don’t do it. It isn’t you. It isn’t going to make you more attractive. You girls are classy, this probably goes without saying ;)
  3. Flirting with other guys in front of HIM: WRONG. Jealousy does not work wonders in any relationship, whether you are dating, married, or on the path to becoming more serious.     
  4. Communicating with the best friend: Everyone is tempted to find out what the guy is thinking, so what better way to “get into his head” then talking to the best bud? This sounds like a good idea, but too many times the best bud ends up falling for you. Then the guy you want to date has a decision to make, and lets just say they usually follow bro code.


At least 10 of my friends have had these problems in the past year, YEP 10. So I just wanted to share the wealth and knowledge that I have learned from their experiences. In the end: just quit playin’ games with his heart. 
**********************************************************************************
hm, I'm pretty sure we can all confess to doing at least one of these at some point. 
maybe all of them?! ahem...
anyway, I think these are good tips and she may have a point. I mean, she is wearing the ring :)
now head on over to her blog and share some love!
xoxo.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Alana Christine said...

Love her! lol
She definitely had some GREAT points!
Thanks for lookin out for us single ladies! hahahaha

Samantha said...

I have to admit that the title of this post is what caught my eye and made me come to read!! Even though I am an NSYNC fan for life, BSB still has a special little place in my heart. :)

Sam
*enter my giveaway!*
http://www.petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

so glad i could post for you today!

Mallory said...

Haha love how she turned the BSB into something usable! Very creative:)