Monday, June 27, 2011

here we are again


Well it's Monday again which means another weekend flew by. Now the countdown begins to next weekend. Lucky for me it's a short week and then I'm on vacation until mid-July. I cannot express how excited I am to not work for almost 2 weeks!

This weekend was interesting to say the least. Tim was scheduled to fly in Friday night so we could pack up his apartment.  His flight ended up getting cancelled and he was put on a new one for Saturday afternoon. That plane took off and ended up turning around due to mechanical difficulties and hew as put on a late night flight into Richmond. He didn't get in until after 11pm and by that time we were both way too exhausted to finish packing. Sunday arrived way too quickly and the craziness of the packing began again. His parents came back into town to help finish up and within the 16 hours he was in town, he was gone again. It was way too short and rather disappointing because I really thought we'd have time to at least grab meal! I guess the good news is that I'll be up in New York for 10 days. :)

This weekend was also my friend Kara's 25th birthday!! She spent all day celebrating with friends and I was so glad that I was able to meet all of them for dinner. We went to one of the best hibachi places in town and it was delicious! I also met her friend, Denise, someone she's been trying to get me to meet for a while now. We both agreed that we felt like we already knew each other just by reading our blogs. Funny how that happens!

On another note, it's been one week since Toby was doomed with the cone of shame. He's been such a good sport about it and his hernia is healing up nicely so I think I'm going to surprise him by taking the cone off tonight. I'm pretty sure he's going to go crazy! It'll probably take him a few days to get used to not having about 4 extra inches in front of him but I don't think he'll care. I'm going to try and take a video of his moment of "freedom" so if it turns out ok I'll post it tomorrow. After that I'm gonna take the little man to get groomed for the first time. I won't lie, the thought of keeping hair from his first "haircut" did cross my mind but it quickly vanished as I do not want to be the crazy dog lady. Plus...it's not like I have a bunch of extra space to store stuff like that. Ew.

Only 3 days until the long weekend!! :)

No comments: