I know it's early but let's talk lunch.
I don't know about you, but it's hard for me to find something I like
enough to bring numerous times for lunch during the week.
Let me rephrase that-
It's hard for me to find something I like enough to make
me want to stay in the office to eat during my lunch break.
Now don't get me wrong, there are days when I do have to eat at
my desk, but more often than not, I'm outta there.
Trust me, I need it for my sanity.
Anyway, as you know, going out gets expensive so I've been
trying to think of some healthy/yummy alternatives to eating out.
I found this recipe on Pinterest months ago and had been wanting to make it.
I finally decided to give it a try for lunch this week and I was not disappointed.
I altered it a little from the original but it still tastes really good!
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup mayo (little more if desired)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and poach. (I decided to bake my chicken)
Remove chicken from oven/stove and shred with a fork.
- Once chicken has cooled, add mayo, mustard, cumin, lime juice, salt & pepper and
- Mix in red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Cool in fridge for several hours to let flavors absorb
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did :)