Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top 5 Tuesday

Hello lovelies!
Today I'm linking up with Rachel @ Just Peachy.


Everyday Makeup Products

I've never really been a 'cake-face' as you would call it but I do love me some makeup. 
These are some items I couldn't prefer not to live without.

 Face


1. Foundation-
I've always been a loyal customer to Clinique since I started wearing makeup. However, I've never been satisfied with their foundations. Over the summer while I was traveling, I stopped into a Sephora to find something new. I knew I wanted to try something different but I had no idea where to even begin. {If I'm going to get someone to help me with makeup, I always look at their makeup first to see if theirs is done similar to the way I would do it. Can't have any of that neon yellow shadow sister!} 
Anywho, I found a young girl that looked like me and asked her for help. Turns out she was the rep for this brand I'd never heard of before, Cover FX. I told her what I was looking for, something natural, and she brought a bunch of makeup over to play around with. So fun :)
Long story short...or not so short, I ended up buying this tinted moisturizer as a base and I love it! I also purchased the foundation to put on top. 

2. Concealer-


All About Eyes in Light Petal. I {love} this stuff. I put it on once in the morning and I'm good to go for the rest of the day. Goodbye sleepy eyes! 

3. Powder-


Setting FX Translucent Powder. I've never worn powder up until this summer and now that I wear it I won't turn back! I used to complain that my makeup would come off during the day....not anymore. This stuff is amazing! Plus it has a very light iridescence to brighten you up. :)

I also use a bronzer and blush from Clinique that I'm not too fond of. If any of you have any recommendations for a good bronzer please let a girl know! :)

 Eyes

4. Shadow-

Almay Intense i-Color Smoky-i Powder. I switch my eye shadows up a lot but this one I found awhile back and I've been using it ever since. I've got hazel eyes and it really brings out the green in them. 

5. Mascara-

Ok, so I'm grouping these mascaras together because I use them all everyday. Essential.
First I apply the Maybelline XXL Curl Power Mascara. I only use the primer side of this because I don't like how clumpy the actual black mascara is. 


I then put on Covergirl LashBlast Fusion Water Resistant in Very Black. I love this mascara because it gets all my lashes and makes them look full- which is awesome considering I pick mine off. Bad, I know, but I've been doing it for years. 


The last step of my mascara regimen, if you will, is the Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Mascara in Waterproof Very Black. This just finishes the look and makes my lashes look fab! 


I also like to use a pewter liner from Revlon but I couldn't seem to find a picture of it. 
Anyway, that's my top 5 makeup picks! {This post makes me sound high maintenance. Haha- I promise I'm not...most of the time! Just love to primp :)}

What makeup could you not live without?

Have a great day!
xoxo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you SO much for linking up with me! :)

I have never heard of the curling mascara. Do you find that it hold the curl really well? That's what I've been looking for! I love that you use so many mascaras hah I LOVE mascara.

Sarah said...

Yes! I love that mascara! I used to curl my lashes and then I just got tired of doing it and when I saw this one come out I gave it a try. What helps is that it contains the primer which holds the curl. I've been using it for 3 years and I won't go back to old fashioned curling :) Hope it does the same for you!!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I could never live without my Clinique powder--I swear by it! Hope you're having a great week!