Monday, June 6, 2011

my almost perfect weekend


This weekend was almost perfect, if only Tim had been in town. Friday night turned out to be a chill night with a bottle of wine, pizza, Toby, and a movie. I was saving my energy for Saturday with my sisters, Anna and Olivia. We went to Charlottesville to see our friends Parachute play in concert at the downtown mall. If you've never heard them before, you should definitely check them out here. Their second album was the #1 rock album and the #2 album on top downloads for iTunes.

So, now for this weekends embarrassing story... I think I may have had my blondest moment ever on Saturday as well. I don't know what was going on with my mind that day, but I just did not have my stuff together! When my tickets came in the mail a week ago I put them up on my bulletin board so I wouldn't forget them. That morning I took a picture of the tickets and went about my routine. I picked up my sisters and got on the road before I realized that I had forgotten to bring the tickets with me. This wouldn't have been so bad had my friend Kara not had my only set of keys so she could come play with Toby. We decided to chance it and tried calling the venue about 15 times before we got there. To make a long story short, we ended up being able to have the tickets reprinted from my phone right before the concert. Yet another reason I'm so thankful for my smartphone! Thank goodness it all worked out and we can laugh about it now! If not, I don't know how I would've lived that one down!! As for the concert, Parachute was AMAZING! I'm definitely going to try and go to their next hometown show at the end of the summer :) Here are some pictures our of girls day in Charlottesville. Can't wait for the next one!!

Like I said, at least I got a picture of the tickets...

Our initials on the infamous chalk wall 


Sisters :)

Right on Liv :)

No girls day is complete without Sweet Frog...and Five Guys but we can't post pics of them both or we'd look like fatties 




What did you do over the weekend?

No comments: